Registered Nurse - RN Case Manager
Hope Home Care is currently hiring an RN Case Manager.
The RN plans, organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Previous home health/OASIS experience is a plus.
• Current licensure in state, CPR certification and valid drivers license.
• Current physical and TB test required.
• Must be able to pass a BCI background check.
• Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
• Complete an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs.
• Provide a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
• Regularly re-evaluate patient nursing needs. Initiate the plan of care and make necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
• Use health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
• Furnish those services requiring substantial & specialized nursing skills.
• Develop a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions.
• Include the patient and the family in the planning process. Initiate appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
• Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
• Counsel the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
• Provide health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
• Identify discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
• Act as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assume responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
• Prepare clinical notes and progress notes and update the primary physician when necessary and at least every 60 days.
• Communicate with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtain/receive physician’s orders as required.
• Communicate with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
• Participate in in-service programs and supervise and teach other nursing personnel.
• Participate in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
• Ensure that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
• Instruct, supervise and evaluate home health aide care provided every two (2) weeks.
Hope Home Care is Christian faith-based, locally owned and operated agency that has been providing in-home skilled nursing, home health aide services, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and medical social worker services to clients in Southwest Ohio since 2012. Our well-trained health care professionals work closely with patients, their families and their physicians to provide seamless care 7 days a week.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.