Registered Nurse Case Manager
Hope Home Care is Christian faith-based, locally owned and operated agency that has been providing in-home skilled nursing, home health aide services, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and medical social worker services to clients in Southwest Ohio since 2012. Our well-trained health care professionals work closely with patients, their families and their physicians to provide seamless care 7 days a week.
We are currently hiring an RN case manager.
The RN plans, organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Previous home health/OASIS experience is a plus.
• Current licensure in state, CPR certification and valid drivers license.
• Current physical and TB test required.
• Must be able to pass a BCI background check.
• Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
• Complete an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs.
• Provide a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
• Regularly re-evaluate patient nursing needs. Initiate the plan of care and make necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
• Use health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
• Furnish those services requiring substantial & specialized nursing skills.
• Develop a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions.
• Include the patient and the family in the planning process. Initiate appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
• Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
• Counsel the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
• Provide health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
• Identify discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
• Act as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assume responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
• Prepare clinical notes and progress notes and update the primary physician when necessary and at least every 60 days.
• Communicate with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtain/receive physician’s orders as required.
• Communicate with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
• Participate in in-service programs and supervise and teach other nursing personnel.
• Participate in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
• Ensure that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
• Instruct, supervise and evaluate home health aide care provided every two (2) weeks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.